Staffing partnerships work. They help companies find talented people to fill short and long-term assignments so that businesses can grow and thrive. They help job seekers find jobs that suit their skills and that provide a bridge to permanent employment.
Those facts have kept organizations like Active Staffing and the American Staffing Association going for more than 70 years and 50 years respectively.
But like all relationships, it takes effort to make a partnership with a staffing company work.
How to Build a Strong Staffing Partnership.
Over the years, Active Staffing has worked with hundreds of companies of all sizes and types. Built on the belief that we are here to make a living by helping others make a living, our expertise in the light industrial sector has evolved and adopted the latest industry innovations along the way.
Reflecting on all our experience, we’ve learned that our most successful partnerships have a lot in common. We find these seven traits in the successful staffing partnerships we’ve built with our clients.
1. Trust. We could make this a short list and stop right here. The most important characteristic of a successful staffing partnership is trust. Success is built when we both act with integrity, have confidence in one another and trust that each is working in the other’s best interest.
2. Knowledge. We can’t make our business work without knowing about yours. We know a lot about the industries we serve. We also know that every company is different, with its own challenges, goals and plans for the future. As partners, bring your staffing company into the fold. Share where you’re headed and let us help you get there successfully.
3. Conflict. There will be conflict in a staffing partnership, just like there is in any healthy relationship. Ignoring challenges or hoping they’ll go away is dishonest and unfair. If things aren’t going well, if expectations aren’t being met, say so. Hold us accountable. It’s important to embrace any conflict, be vulnerable and accept suggestions, and move forward together from mistakes and misunderstandings.
4. Openness. The trust and understanding we build with each client must create an openness to new ideas and suggestions. We’ve had experiences where clients are closed to hearing our recommendations, only to come back to us for that same help months or years later. We have to be open as well – to new ideas and approaches that will help our clients and associates grow.
5. Flexibility. By definition, staffing partnerships are flexible. Clients may need us only during peak times or for special projects. Associates come in and out of the workforce, embracing the flexibility that “working temp” offers them, or accept permanent positions when they’re offered. While staffing companies are always at work, great partnerships understand the ebb and flow of the relationship. It’s not personal. It’s flexibility at work.
6. Growth. We want our client to grow, and we hope they want us to grow as well. When a business expands, adds shifts, or brings on a new product line, staffing companies are there to provide the workforce needed to support that growth. Need more people? Call on your staffing partner. Likewise, a strong staffing partner will grow with their clients, perhaps following a valued client to a new market or adding locations to support you. We’re in this to grow together – staffing and business.
7. Care. We are a family owned company. We take pride in treating our clients, associates and staff members as individuals, with a personalized approach. The business is personal to us. Our most successful partnerships appreciate that caring, hands-on style, and enjoy being members of the Active family.
Strong Staffing Relationships.
At Active Staffing, we’re proud of the relationships we build and maintain with our clients and associates. We know that success depends on strong partnerships, understanding and service. We aren’t perfect; mistakes happen. When they do, the trust, openness and care we’ve nurtured with our partners provides a foundation that allows us to move forward together.
If this sounds like the kind of partnership you’re looking for, contact Active today. Let’s talk about growing together, sharing our knowledge, and creating a success story together.