Active Staffing Facts & Features
Active Staffing has been in business since 1947 – that’s more than 70 years of providing better talent and faster hires to our light industrial clients. We’ve been putting hundreds of people to work each week in jobs where they can thrive and grow. And we’ve been providing fulfilling careers to a growing team of recruiters, salespeople, managers and back office staff for decades.
With that track record, you may think you know all there is to know about Active and our “Always Active” business model.
But you may not. Our team has identified eight core attributes that they want all Active Staffing clients to know about our company and our service. Some of these are well-known and obvious. Others may surprise you, especially number five.
We’d Like You To Know…
- Family-owned. A large number of small businesses are family-owned; Active isn’t unique in that regard. But we’re not standing still and resting on the significant laurels of our founders. Active has continuously advanced, added the latest tools and technology, and improved the client experience across the board. “Family owned” doesn’t mean “locked in the past.”
- Personal contact. We have adopted many the latest technologies in staffing, but we deliver them in an old-fashioned, personal style that’s, frankly, missing from many businesses today. Anyone on our team will tell you that Active considers its clients, associates and staff as family. That personal contact is refreshing!
- Local decision making. Because we’re family owned and personal, decisions are made quickly at Active; not impulsively or carelessly, but efficiently, with virtually no bureaucratic hurdles to get over. When a decision needs to be made, our owners are at the table to make the call. They are within arm’s reach. Our clients love this about Active.
- We put a premium on the safety of our associates. Our obligation is not only to our clients but also to our employees. We have a commitment to ensure they are assigned to environment that is safe and up to OSHA standards. Our in-house safety director is hands-on with our staff and our clients, delivering insights and info about things like emergency response plans, reducing workplace injuries, and working safely in the hot summer months.
- Right person, right job. Active has built its reputation on staffing for the light industrial sector with temp, temp-to-perm and perm placement associates for assembly, warehouse and clerical work. But did you know we also have direct hire capability for management and exempt roles? We offer this service to our temp staffing clients and to companies that are struggling to fill management and white-collar positions on their team. In today’s tight employment market, we can fill a need faced by employers who are looking for a new option to filling their exempt positions.
- Technology. Active offers clients an online portal where they can review and approve timecards, manage their invoices, and place orders for new associates. The portal can be accessed by desktop or mobile phone. Surprisingly, very few clients use this feature, which makes it one of the top things we wish clients knew about Active. Contact your Active rep or branch office to get set-up on the client portal.
- We’re on tour. When we bring on a new client and facility, Active’s branch staff make an in-person visit to tour the site and learn precisely what the working conditions and needs are. This not only builds strong relationships but also enures we understand the environment where our associates will work so we can make the best placements possible.
- Payrolling. This service is available to clients who are looking to reduce their cost of With Active’s payrolling service, the client handles recruiting of job candidates. Active’s role is to onboard them in our system and handle their payroll. It’s a bit of a hybrid arrangement, but one that can be attractive to clients who are trying to save on their internal hiring costs
And there you have it – eight things about Active Staffing Service that we’d like you to know.
Wait…there’s one more thing.
- We’d like our current clients to know how much we appreciate their business and partnership. If you’re not an Active client, we’d like to connect. Give us an opportunity to demonstrate how our Always Active approach can become a part of your operation.
Contact us here to get started.
We look forward to a productive staffing future with you!