We’ve Seen it All —
Our business is based on two things: finding, screening and placing qualified associates in positions where they will succeed; and, adding the right people to each clients’ operation so they can get the job done. Active has a team of recruiters who do this work every day. They talk to candidates, work with our associates and clients, and provide advice and feedback on performance.
When it comes to helping good people find and keep great jobs, our recruiters have seen it all.
That’s why it’s worth paying attention to their advice. Here are their nine tips for how to succeed at work as a temporary employee.
Nine Tips for Temporary Associates
- Work every job you can so you can learn and build your skills.
- Don’t be afraid to take the jobs no one else wants to. They can be valuable learning opportunities.
- Be reliable. It matters!
- Put yourself out there. Raise your hand. If a supervisor doesn’t see you, how will s/he know what you can do?
- It’s up to you how high you will climb the ladder of success. If you put your whole heart and mind into your work, you can do anything.
- Keep your contact information up to date so we can get in touch with you for assignments that are right for you.
- It’s ok to decline an assignment. If you feel you won’t be successful at fulfilling the requirements, be honest about it.
- Being on time for an assignment means you’re late. Always give yourself extra time to ensure you arrive ahead of schedule and are prepared for any delays.
- Your professionalism and work ethic are going determine whether an assignment lasts one day, continues for a week, or becomes permanent.
Register Online to Join Active Staffing
Our last piece of advice? When you’re looking to join a team where you can grow and find a home, where you can have flexibility, variety and opportunity, call Active Staffing. To get started, register online at activestaffing.com or visit any of our branches in New York, New Jersey, Georgia, Florida or Texas.
We look forward to your success!